lunes, 10 de noviembre de 2008

Exodus Guitarist Gary Holt Slams Rick Rubin

Exodus guitarist Gary Holt recently took part in the "Call & Response" section of Decibel magazine where artists give their opinions on songs from heavy metal artists and beyond. When faced with "My Apocalypse" by Metallica, here's what he had to say:

"There are some killer riffs on this one; nice to hear them rediscover that tempos can be fast sometimes. Much better than any of the last three (albums) for sure. But Rick Rubin is a monumental hack. He has killed the production of the record for me. I was really expecting James to throw down the "...And Justice For All" crunch, totally crushing guitars, but these are not heavy at all. If all they were looking for in a producer was 'guidance,' I would have told them all they need to know for dinner and a beer: 'Go back, listen to your legendary records, listen to your Diamond Head records and then gather in a room together and make a metal record.' I would have given them this advice for free- much cheaper than Rubin! But it's growing on me. I still dig it, just not the sound of it. Andy Sneap would have made this a monster. And thank Satan Kirk is soloing again! The world needs him to shred!"

0 comentarios:

 

Copyright 2007 ID Media Inc, All Right Reserved. Crafted by Nurudin Jauhari